LESSONS OF THE DEGREES
Our degrees are in addition to and are in no way “higher” than Blue Lodge degrees. Scottish Rite work amplifies and elaborates on the lessons of the Craft. It should never be forgotten that termination of a member’s Symbolic Lodge standing automatically terminates his Scottish Rite membership, whether his level be 4 or 33rd degree
There are three coordinate divisions in the Scottish Rite:
- Lodge of Perfection, 4th degree to 14th degree (Presiding officer – Thrice Potent Master)
- Chapter of Rose Croix, 15th thru 18th degree (Presiding officer – Most Wise and Perfect Master)
- Consistory of Sublime Princes of the Royal Secret, 19th thru 32nd Degree (Presiding officer – Commander-In-Chief)
The Lodge of Perfection constitutes the “Ineffable Degrees”
The Chapter of Rose Croix constitutes the “Historical & Philosophical Degrees”
The Consistory constitutes the “Traditional and Chivalric Degrees”
LODGE OF PERFECTION
4th degree to 14th
- 4th degree Secret Master. The Fourth Degree emphasizes duty, fidelity, integrity, and the necessity for secrecy in all confidential relationships.
- 5th degree Perfect Master. This degree teaches that trustworthiness is more precious than life and is the foundation of Masonic honor. Also, we must pay due respect to the memory of a deceased worthy Brother.
CHAPTER OF ROSE CROIX
15th thru 18th degree
- 15th degree Knights of the East or Sword This degree teaches the important lessons of loyalty to conviction and devotion to right.
- 16th degree Prince of Jerusalem This degree teaches loyalty to truth and fidelity to duty.
19th thru 32nd Degree
- 19th degree Grand Pontiff This degree proclaims the spiritual unity of all who believe in God and cherish the hope of immortality, no matter what religious leader they follow or what creed they profess. It is concerned primarily with the perennial conflict between light and darkness, good and evil, God and Satan.